Hii readers, As you people reach here while searching about some web development project works or you get through this blog by recommendation by your colleagues or friends. Firstly, I want to tell you people about me. I am Deepak Makkar, and I am learning full-stack web development at www.masaischool.com for the last month.
I am writing this blog, to share my one month experience at Masai School. Here I will brief you about my learnings, my first live project on www.airtable.com, and our teamwork.
What I learned from Masai in last one Month
- CMD and GIT
- HyperText MarkUp Language (HTML)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
Now, we will discuss the above-mentioned topics in brief:
- Conditional Statements
- Arrays and Objects
HTML and CSS
- HTML and CSS basics
- Table and Box Models
- Selectors and Combinators (Pseudo Elements and classes) and their Specificity
- Flex and Grid Models
- Media Queries (For Responsiveness)
- On-Click events and alerts (Create, Remove and Append Elements)
- Add Event Listeners and Remove Event Listeners
CMD and GIT
- Basic GIT commands (Add>Commit>Push)
- GIT Collab
- GIT branching
Project-Airtable and Our Expectations
It was my first real-time experience working on a project related to web development. before getting this project, we didn’t even know that this website is also present.
Our team got three days to complete that project. We started our project by making its structure first and we think that during this 3 days periods we will as many pages, we can build and makes them responsive for all types of screen sizes. For doing all this we go through all the notes and some online platforms to learn new things like using animations, etc. Our expectations was to first build the different pages and then work on responsiveness of these pages.
Team Work and Responsibilities to achieve our target Project
Our Team Name was assigned on the name of the holy river “PARBATI”. In this project, we were a team of 4 people and we executed this project with a good show of team coordination.
Now I will go through some web pages related to the clone we made in this project and tells about roles and responsibilities during these 3 days.
- On the home page and landing page, our teammate Avinash Nadkar was assigned to work on. He did this using some above-mentioned technologies and some animations and slide show properties
- This is the pricing page that was given to Subodh to work on.
- These are the pages that were assigned to me to do work on them. I worked on them and even tried to make them more responsive using media queries.
Hurdles we faced during this Project
In our team, we were all new to this web development project and we even don’t know how to deal with it and the time duration for completion of this project was 3 days only.
How we reach Our Milestone
“First, solve the problem. Then, write the code.” — John Johnson
First, we started with making a new repository on Github and add the work that we assigned to us.
At the end of Day 1, we were just ready with a landing page, footer part. That’s when we gain the confidence in completing this work and achieve our target. In between Nrupul took some online meetings, which helps us with Github merging of all files.
By the end of Day 3, we were ready to submit our project as we had worked on some new things during this construct week.
Key Points to remember During Construct Week.
- How to deal and communicate with the team.
- How to present your skills with the team.
- How to work on Live projects
- How to enhance your capabilities
This was a great attempt from our team to make a clone of www.airtable.com. During the period of 3 days, we worked on this project for each hour we were awake. While working on this project I had learned how to work as a team player, that's the major benefit I had gained.
I am very thankful to Nrupul and Masai team for providing us this task which helps us brush up on all the skills we learned last month.
If you want to check out our project please go through github repository https://github.com/makkardeepak25/project_airtable and fork this repository.